• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Which asset classes would you invest in?

First, let me say "Hi" to everyone, I have been reading the forum for some weeks and it is really helpful and interesting. I am currently a junior in an undergraduate school (double majoring in Mathematics and Economics) and I am about to start preparing for the graduate schools application process.
I will be writing and essay "If the global recovery is for real which asset classes would you invest in?", and I am not asking for help or anything like that, I just though it is an interesing topic, so what do you think? How would you position your portofilio (real or virtual). I think everyone agrees that diversificaton is still a must. Having in mind that we are facing an unsure future, I think bonds are a better deal than stocks. I am still not ready with my position on the the topic, so what do you think?

P.S. I hope I posted the topic the right way, if not I appologize ;)

Diversify diversify diversify. Bridgewater Associates believes that with the right leverage, you can adjust risk/return and diversify so heavily that you're making massive alpha off of the spreading of risk alone.

I would suggest narrowing your scope. For example, ".... which asset classes would a long-term retail investor choose", or "... an institutional fund ... ". The portfolio of assets and constraints would likely be different based on your target investor.

I wish I could offer better advice, but my personal experience has led me to be a long-term bear searching for short-term bubbles.

Back