• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Which is the best site for building mock portfolio?

Hi All,

As I wait for the admission results, I was thinking of starting a mock portfolio account online, and learn something about trading in the real world.

A simple google search results in n number of sites offering virtual portfolios, but I wanted to check if there was any particular site that offered better features than others. Any suggestions?

All the best to those waiting for results. Its a tough 1/2 weeks for us. Keep the faith!!

A mate of mine in Silicon Valley just pointed out Quantopian to me, (it's been mentioned on this forum in other posts), which looks like a good bet if you are trying to build portfolios of short-term positions (i.e. day trading).

Disclaimer: I do no particularly endorse this trading style. Just stating that it should do what you want, and let you get your hands dirty with real, minute-by-minute tick data

Back