• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE which program would you guys recommend?Rutgers,Claremont, Fordham, JHU, Minnesota

I've got admitted by these FE/FM programs, and currently find it a hard decision to choose which program would be more advantageous when seeking a job in US, because many all of them are less-known schools:

Rutgers MSMF
Claremont MFE
Fordham MSQF
JHU MSMF
Minnesota MMF (twin city)

I failed to find any comments about JHU and Minnesota's program, and haven't noticed any disscusion about them, anybody has idea about these programs?
first post on quantnet, expecting help from all of you!

I pick Unimes. You should go there.

"Search"

Other than JHU(I think_ the rest have been discussed. I just did a quick search and Fordham has been discussed quite a bit too.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Whatever, cuz I am nice, and semi-bored.

Boston Univ Vs Rutgers Univ Placement and Location - Forum | Quant Network
Any Previous Boston MSMF student - Forum | Quant Network
Help!! Claremont VS. Florida State - Forum | Quant Network
Columbia MSOR vs. BU MSFM vs. Rutgers-MQF vs. Claremont MFE - Forum | Quant Network

DISCUSSION on MFE programs (Formerly Second-rate (and worse) MFE programs) - Forum | Quant Network
Rutgers MSMF Placement - Forum | Quant Network

Search for more.

Didn't know JHU had a math finance program. Did you call them to get placement information for past graduates (if there are any yet) ?

-----------

Edit

This is from the JHU site. JHU Engineering is highly regarded in the engineering space...maybe this will rub off on the math finance program since it is housed in engineering.

We have seen continued demand and inquiry for graduates at a pace that has not changed. (For our recent graduates, there were more jobs than graduates.) There has been a slight shift of the demand-profile in that the broker-dealer demand is down slightly, but we see increased demand from asset managers. There will undoubtedly be a continuing revision in the makeup of demand as new institutions scramble to capture market share and competitive advantage from institutions who have faltered. There is also the growing prospect that regulatory/statutory changes will foster new sources of demand for graduates.

Didn't know JHU had a math finance program. Did you call them to get placement information for past graduates (if there are any yet) ?

The program at JHU is brand new, only a couple years old. I went to JHU for undergrad so I had a chance to talk to the program director. There has been less than 10 students per year so far but they are increasing the no. of students to around 20-30 next year I think. There are a few firms here in Baltimore, most notably Legg Mason and T Rowe Price, that recruit from JHU but not that many from NYC. As a student here, I have to say that even though JHU is well-known in many areas, from international relations to biomedical engineering, way more money and resources go into the School of Medicine (which is possibly the best in the world). At times, it looks like medicine takes top priority here and everything else is second. If I were you, I would pick Rutgers MSMF because it is a more established program and closer to NYC.

Rutgers? Cut me a break. I'm telling you, it's a mishmosh of a bunch of tangentially related coursework and the only data analysis that the MSMFs do is in the statistics courses they're in.

The job bank is practically empty, as well. Not sure how the heck it got as much hype as it did, but from the inside, I'm telling you, the hype is all EMPTY.

As the...woman...that was formerly their career person said (she left, I think for a position somewhere else in Rutgers), she had to "kill herself" to get companies to Rutgers.

Something is wrong if they don't want to come of their own avail.

Not from Rutgers, but from the MSMF department, as far as I hear (so I may have heard wrong). And that'd be Renee Williams.

Rutgers? Cut me a break. I'm telling you, it's a mishmosh of a bunch of tangentially related coursework and the only data analysis that the MSMFs do is in the statistics courses they're in.

The job bank is practically empty, as well. Not sure how the heck it got as much hype as it did, but from the inside, I'm telling you, the hype is all EMPTY.

As the...woman...that was formerly their career person said (she left, I think for a position somewhere else in Rutgers), she had to "kill herself" to get companies to Rutgers.

Something is wrong if they don't want to come of their own avail.

sounds like you are the current or previous Rutgers MSMF student, someone told me Rutgers got some connection and influence on Street, is that true? mind tell me what you do after graduate from this school? and How you do it?

as for courses, do you think it kind of far from practical? and do you think any teacher in this program are from the industry??

I have a similar question. Is it practical at all, or all math theory.

Also, how did they get this hype. Any current students from Rutgers.

Back