• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Who are you guys/gals???

This is Off Topic so anything goes right?

I'm wondering who you guys are - college, high school, grad/post grad? Anyone working? If so do you work in the fields you want to be in or are you trying to get into the quant field? Are you guys/girls mostly trying to work at big I-banks as quants?

I posted in the introductions thread that I am in the HFT/Algo space and that I'm trying to get into the Incubator space. I came here to meet NYC folks and to network so I guess I'm wondering who all is on here.

Thx.

We are having close to 10,000 members so I can't possibly know everyone but I have a good idea of the active members who post often.
About 50% of them are employees of Wall Street firms ranging from IB to small shops. These are financial engineers, quants, quant developers, risk managers, independent traders.
The other 50% consists of academics, recruiters, prospective financial engineers.

I didn't come here to talk to you :D

That was a joke as you probably notice. However, you would probaly want to talk to Eugene. He is doing a lot of interesting stuff in a similar field you want to crack.

I'm an old fogey with the mind and spirit of a 2 year old.

That was a joke as you probably notice. However, you would probaly want to talk to Eugene. He is doing a lot of interesting stuff in a similar field you want to crack.

I'm an old fogey with the mind and spirit of a 2 year old.

Interesting. Thanks. I'm also in NYC and looking to start up a few projects this year. Also, my fiancee works at Columbia so as of June 5th (wedding) I'll be taking advantage of some free math & programming classes. I'm trying to network and hopefully get a few incubator projects underway this year but having a hard time meeting people with strategies.

Do you guys ever meet up?

Back