• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Working in Fed vs Financial Engineering Program

Hi all, I really need some advice right now about my choices. I just got an offer from Fed for its associate economist position. My job will include running some data analysis related to financial market research. On the other hand, I am still waiting for my application results.

I do not think I am a research guy, and still prefer to work in the industry in the long run, most likely quantitative finance industry.But at the same time, it is so hard to find a job right now. And I really treasure this opportunity a lot.

I am just wondering which is a better choice? go to work as a kind of research assistant in Fed for two years and then go to grad school in financial engineering or MBA in finance, or go straight into the financial engineering program?

I understand that having some working experience will be great especially when I start to look for a job after graduate school. But I am just not sure if this 2-3 years in Fed will matter a lot?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Best

Back