Yale University - Master in Asset Management

Yale Asset Management Admission Discussion

I have not. Also interested if anyone has. They are so cagey about the timeline. In the info sessions they made it seem like they would be in the first month but when I reached out they said “the admission decision comes out in late March so sometime before that.”

I just got an interview invitation from Yale AM program. What kind of interview questions should I expect during the interview? Is it behavioral, technical, or mix of both?

Had my interview last week. No technical questions. All typical behavioral questions, stuff like: Why Yale? Why AM? What was your favorite class in undergrad? Very casual and conversational, nothing to worry about.

FYI, Yale School of Management (SOM) has just published their first employment report for the Masters in Asset Management Class of 2023.

As a thought experiment, where would y'all rank this program in the current rankings in terms of viability for quantitative finance. I would probably rank it around 11th or 12th. Strong Yale brand name, some great employers (e.g. BAM, IMC, Bridgewater) however lack of depth with a 9-month program. Salary is also a bit lackluster. Definitely below MIT, i'd say above NCSU because of more buy-side exposure and better brand. What do y'all think?

As a thought experiment, where would y'all rank this program in the current rankings in terms of viability for quantitative finance. I would probably rank it around 11th or 12th. Strong Yale brand name, some great employers (e.g. BAM, IMC, Bridgewater) however lack of depth with a 9-month program. Salary is also a bit lackluster. Definitely below MIT, i'd say above NCSU because of more buy-side exposure and better brand. What do y'all think?
It seems like their best students have placement that rivals top programs while the rest get a salary + sign-on bonus of around $105,000 which is very obtainable from cheaper schools like UW and NCSU.

It says that 1/3 of the class is employed in China, could any Chinese students weigh in here on how those salaries compare to American companies? I'm wondering if that skews the data

It seems like their best students have placement that rivals top programs while the rest get a salary + sign-on bonus of around $105,000 which is very obtainable from cheaper schools like UW and NCSU.

It says that 1/3 of the class is employed in China, could any Chinese students weigh in here on how those salaries compare to American companies? I'm wondering if that skews the data
As far as I know, they should be sensibly lower. That is the same problem some European programs, such as Imperial RMFE, have when reporting the data.

FYI, Yale School of Management (SOM) has just published their first employment report for the Masters in Asset Management Class of 2023.

The report is 6 months post graduation, standard practice among business schools.
In QuantNet rankings, we use 3 months post graduation.
Just keep this in mind when you compare numbers across different programs.

Back
Top Bottom