• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

yield curve (back from the dead) un-inverted

I was visiting my old colleagues last week and decided to check the bloomberg to see how the bond markets looked. Much to my surprise, the yield curve had "un-inverted" i.e. the 10yr yield is now higher than the 3 month. I've been trying to think about this and my thinking is as follows: Investors finally realized that a flat yield curve cannot continue forever and the market (yield curve) repriced. Does anyone have any thoughts/research on this? I was thinking that in an inverted yield curve you can borrow at a cheaper yield and buy shorter/better yield and live off the spread(the opposite of what banks normally do). I'm not too sure if these mechanics exist but I'd be interested to find out. I know that an inverted yield curve hurts banks b/c they pay deposits/CD's at higher rate then the rate loan out at(mortgages/etc).

Back