• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

“Hot Girls” Still Love Wall Street

By Michael Corkery

The majority of Americans, according to recent polls, may have disdain for Wall Street. But the love affair with money and power still burns strong in some circles of New York City.

At least that is what a bunch of night-club promoters and marketing executives are betting on.

Check out the Website for “Fashion Meets Finance,” a series of social mixers at Manhattan nightclubs and bars, which are exclusively available to “men of finance and women of fashion.”

Or in the words of one of the event promoters: this “is a chance for women who are looking for a guy who can provide their pre-30 retirement program…it’s all about rich guys and hot girls.”

The list of “Who’s Coming” given on the site includes a range of attendees from large Wall Street firms, including an asset manager at AIG, an “investment banker” from Citigroup, and a managing director from Barclays Capital. You can list your salary next to your position at the bank, which most guests declined to do.

But there are a few exceptions, such as “Ira” from Merrill, who lists his salary as “$300,000 +”, or “Jake” from J.P. Morgan Chase, who lists his salary as a range of “$100,000 to $149,000.” (We can’t vouch for the veracity of these names, though we wonder how firms such as Goldman Sachs Group would look upon its traders posting their names, firm and salaries on a dating site.)

Women on the list hail from companies such as Estee Lauder, Theory, Bloomingdales and Victoria Secret. The salaries appear lower than those on Wall Street, but not by that much. Apparently, the organizers take this fashion finance criteria seriously. “Kathleen” from Brooklyn College tried to attend, and it says on the Web site that she was “rejected.”

Last night’s event featured free vodka during the first hour and a runway for swimsuit modeling.

In a video on the event’s Web site, one of the promoters, Dan Reiger of Clientique Marketing, is asked whether the premise of the event is superficial. “I think New York in general is superficial,’’ Reiger says. “Everyone wants beauty, everyone wants money, everyone wants to be seen and wants to be heard and that is what we provide for them.”

Whoever said New York was one big bubble, separate from the rest of a country that is still wallowing in a recession?

Still Love Wall Street - Deal Journal - WSJ

Seton Hall University Professor Unspecified Rejected

---

John JT Marlin Head Trader Rejected

Lol

I just RSVP'ed. Let's see if I got accepted or rejected

From the site's main page
Come celebrate the bull market in our down economy.

Senator Dodd and President Obama want to regulate banks and we fear that includes wealthy bankers who date hot girls in fashion. Everything that is banking is threatened when “that crazy liberal Obama gets on a microphone and talks about bigger government or idealistic health care reforms.” (John, RBC Capital Markets). Obama wants to limit the leverage bankers are able to use while pursuing gorgeous women who have a fast fading interest in their career and who are actively looking for vertical mobility/to become housewives. Basically he wants to limit the risk for guys on Main Street by making sure bankers aren’t “too big to fail.”

There is a tv show called Millionaire matchmaker. Girls set up with millionaires...or atleast I think it works somehow like that or so my gf told me...... Somehow similar...

Probably one of the best things I've read with regards to finance - pendant crise.

Which means "during crisis" in Frenglish, btw.

I can confirm that the individual on the guest list that works at my firm is in fact real (i.e., picture, name, and title).

Back