• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

$150 /barrel Oil anyone?

atreides

Graduate Student
With the recent happenings in North Africa and with some of the middle east in "revolution" mode...does $150 / barrel Oil look feasible in the next few weeks / months.

If things get worse in Egypt and the Suez canal is closed...we'd be lucky if it doesn't get close to $200

haha $200 is a bit intense, but $100-125 is definitely possible depending on what happens.

$150 maybe but will take some time to get there....i am getting ready to buy a civic :)

If things get worse in Egypt and the Suez canal is closed...we'd be lucky if it doesn't get close to $200

Not to worry. The US is working behind the scenes with many of the rebels. Some of them have been over in past years and met Condoleeza and Hillary, attended sessions at Freedom House, and so on. Everything is cool. Maybe new faces there, but more or less the same policies. That's the idea anyway.

I think these days it makes sense to specify which crude oil you are talking about :)
Brent is already near 100 but 150 looks remote as of now in near future...but eventualy it will cross that mark.

USA and UK exchanges went crazy today. Libya's gonna harm oil again. $224 expected as before in 2008 crisis.

You think oil is going to hit 224?

Not me. Economic experts are saying it won't be a surprise if oil climbs to $224. Saudi Arabia couldn't fulfill the duty yet to recover the deficit caused from the events in Libya.

haha $200 is a bit intense, but $100-125 is definitely possible depending on what happens.

This has been posted in January. $100 has already been overreached after it. Things you considered to happen also happened. Oil rich nations are at revolt. So it won't be any surprise if oil goes beyond $200

This has been posted in January. $100 has already been overreached after it. Things you considered to happen also happened. Oil rich nations are at revolt. So it won't be any surprise if oil goes beyond $200

I love it. Why aren't there more people like you? Please tell me you trade.

You posted that 39 minutes ago though. Or you mean the articles you are referencing?

You posted that 39 minutes ago though. Or you mean the articles you are referencing?

I meant your post above.

This is your post.

Actually I don't know how to quote an extract from person's post to alert him. I'd appreciate if someone explains. Thanks

224? You don't even want to think about what could happen to the markets/economies/politics if it gets anywhere near that...

I think oil is worth atleast $150 - $200 a barrel. It is one of greatest natural resource a country has, USA was getting a great deal with the Arab nation for a long long time.

It surprises me when people get mad about oil prices, come on you expect oil to be the same a gallon of milk ?

224? You don't even want to think about what could happen to the markets/economies/politics if it gets anywhere near that...

It's not my words. I watched the BBC news today. As for what can happen, well that will happen what already happened in 2008.

It surprises me when people get mad about oil prices, come on you expect oil to be the same a gallon of milk ?
It's a painful theme for the world since largest economies (and therefore small ones) like USA are depended mainly on oil price. It is the determinant of the whole nations' well being. The most demand on US dollar is determined by the oil purchased in dollars and the world's largest consumer of oil is USA. So if oil price increases not only the pure economic variables are worsening like unemployment, GDP, company profits, etc. but the exchange rate of dollar by which the foreign policy is being conducted and what economy relies on.

Back