• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE 2012 Columbia MFE admission thread

Me either. Please if anyone receive the notification, post it here :)

It makes sense that they'd interview top Chinese applicants first - most likely to confirm English skills.

Hi Guys,

I got this email from the adcom:

Thank you for your application to our Masters of Science in Financial Engineering program. The MSFE Committee is currently reviewing applications, and has begun scheduling interviews. Please do not contact us requesting an interview or information about the interview process – we will be reaching out to selected students over the next two weeks. If we are missing any pieces of your application, again, we will contact you directly. Finally, please do not contact us regarding the status of your application or materials. We have received a record number of MSFE applications, and appreciate your continued patience.

We expect to make nearly all MSFE admissions decisions by the first week of March.

I have no clue what that mens.. is it a reject or accept or you are good but not good enough :) ha ha give me your 2 cents..

Hi Guys,

I got this email from the adcom:

Thank you for your application to our Masters of Science in Financial Engineering program. The MSFE Committee is currently reviewing applications, and has begun scheduling interviews. Please do not contact us requesting an interview or information about the interview process – we will be reaching out to selected students over the next two weeks. If we are missing any pieces of your application, again, we will contact you directly. Finally, please do not contact us regarding the status of your application or materials. We have received a record number of MSFE applications, and appreciate your continued patience.

We expect to make nearly all MSFE admissions decisions by the first week of March.

I have no clue what that mens.. is it a reject or accept or you are good but not good enough :) ha ha give me your 2 cents..

I got the same mail few minutes back. I don't think its a reject and would still keep praying :)

I think some people saw the "interview notification" post, got too excited, and started to blast admissions with phone-calls.

It makes sense that they'd interview top Chinese applicants first - most likely to confirm English skills.

I received the same email. I am chinese but graduating from a Canadian University. More samples are needed to prove your arguments.

I think the thread is becoming very misleading. I am guessing everyone got the email listed above, but only some of them get the REAL interview notification.

when I saw the "Update On Your MSFE Application", my initial reaction was "god damnit did I get rejected already?" glad to know I'm still in the game :) (I got the same email posted above btw, no interview or anything)

Is there any one who will do the on-site interview in Beijing? It's said that there will be 42 interviwees.

that's a fairly long list for just one area in one country...any idea on how long each interview lasts? I'm wondering if they would possibly shoot tech questions this year given the record number of applications...looks like this program keeps changing admission processes for recent years...

Back