• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE 2012 Columbia MFE admission thread

Yes. "discuss your candidacy and interest", and "no longer than 15 minutes" explicitly mentioned. I feel it is the same old thing as past years'.

Maybe Chinese students are under a different selection mechanism (selection pool)?
same old thing as past years? what's their usual way of doing interviews?

I have a phone interview on Friday 17th (9 AM - 1PM ET) and I am from Mumbai, India. Any Idea what this years interview is gonna be about?? Does anyone have an interview scheduled before me?

same old thing as past years? what's their usual way of doing interviews?

Past applicants seem to suggest that Columbia requests interview just to see how interested you are. They don't want to waste offer letters on those very likely to turn them down -- to protect their enrolment rate and ego .

I wonder whether they send out invitations in batches or those who did not receive emails can assume a rejection?

Just received the same invite to a phone interview. Will be interesting to see how much of a better chance of admittance phone interview means. After reading last years thread the chances are pretty good, not sure how to read into those Beijing interviews.

So these are the set of phone interviews for applicants already in the US, unlike the group we heard earlier about in-person interviews with oversea Chinese candidates.

Can you guys updates the Tracker with the latest updates? That would be HUGELY helpful to everyone.

Congrats and goodluck.

The interview invites seem to have gone to students outside the US as well. I fx got an invite, being a student in Europe (not from the US), and I see there is another one on this thread that is from India who received this invite as well.

Can someone comment on how many slots there are?

I have a phone interview on Friday 17th (9 AM - 1PM ET) and I am from Mumbai, India. Any Idea what this years interview is gonna be about?? Does anyone have an interview scheduled before me?
do u know anyone else from India who got call for the interview?

I just got an interview invition today at 12:02 pm. Is this a mistake or my dream comes true???

They ask me to call "TODAY - Friday, February 17, 2011 from now-1pm, ET"

I don't know what's going on... this is so sudden, I think I will call next week.

Back