• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF 2012 Employment for NYU Math Finance program

As of 12/18/2012, there are 11 full-time students from the Dec'12 group still looking for permanent/full-time jobs. The class size for 2012 full-time class is 31 so presumably, the other 20 students already got a job or not looking for one.

By comparison, in previous years, most students would have found employment by this time of year.

As with all programs, that's the published employment stats, but the real employment stats is another thing. It's complicated. Then need to look at quality of the placements, etc. make it even more complicated.
Anyway, it's all marketing craps ..

This year is tough.
I doubt CMU, UCB or MIT are doing better...
3 months after graduation, these top programs will have 95-100% placement.

Out of these 11 students, some have full time offers, but they are still looking in case they find something better...

This year is tough.
I doubt CMU, UCB or MIT are doing better...
3 months after graduation, these top programs will have 95-100% placement.

i believe you'd be mistaken. think i heard better than 65%, and that was within 1mo of graduation, but we can wait until march to hear the official results.

i believe you'd be mistaken. think i heard better than 65%, and that was within 1mo of graduation, but we can wait until march to hear the official results.
The current stats for CMU are around 73%. Hopefully they will be better after 3 months.

Does anyone has placement information for Columbia MFE ? Just want to check this number in comparison to NYU,CMU..

Back