• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2023 MFE Admissions Roll Call

Admits: CMU MSCF (15k), Columbia MFE, Cornell MFE (10k), NYU MFE (8k), NCSU MFM
Rejects: Princeton MFin, MIT MFin
Pending: Stanford ICME MCF (Rejected 3/23/2023)
Joining: CMU MSCF woooo!!!!!!

Last edited:
Admits: UChicago FinMath (60% scholarship), NYU MathFin, UCLA MFE ($10k scholarship), UC Berkeley Stats
Rejects: Cornell MFE, CMU MSCF
Pending: Columbia DS
Joining: Leaning towards UChicago not only due to the scholarship but also the school's reputation in industry and the robust program. Also, I want to work at prop shop/quant trading firms with high/mid frequency. There are many opportunities in Chicago and I am flexible to travel to New York for super days and other face-2-face interviews.

Happy to hear any comments. Thanks!

Admits: UCLA MFE ($10k scholarship), Stanford MCF
Rejects: Princeton MFin
Pending: Columbia MFE
Joining: Stanford!

Last edited:
Admits : NYU Tandon MFE, Rutgers MQF, Stevens MFE, Uni of Buffalo MS QF
Rejects : UIUC MFE, NCSU FinMath
Pending : Columbia Engineering MFE, UCLA MFE
Joining : Not Decided Yet

Admits: Columbia MFE
Waitlist: MIT Mfin
Rejects: CMU, Princeton

Joining: Columbia unless MIT moves forward. Feel free to get in touch with me if anyone else is going for columbia
Hi, can you share your profile?

Admits: Princeton MFin, CMU MSCF, Yale AM, Columbia MSFE MFE, Cornell MFE, NYU FinMath, UChicago FinMath
Rejects: Stanford MCF, Baruch MFE
Joining: Princeton MFin

Last edited:
Admits: CMU MSCF, Columbia MFE, UChicago FinMath
Rejects: Yale AM
Pending: Columbia MAFN, MIT MFin (waitlist)
Joining: CMU MSCF

Thank you so much! Do you think those courses are helpful?
Extremely helpful for a couple of reasons. I primarily needed them to fulfill pre-reqs for the program. However, they also give you a good idea of what information is likely to be tested on the QBA and in the admission interviews. Furthermore, the professors from the program can provide letters of recommendation.

Can you share your background?
Don't know if your message asked for my background (since you replied to me) or Kevin's but here is my background anyway :
French Grande Ecole + MSc Operations Research at top 10 UK. 3.9 GPA, GRE 168Q 154V and machine learning internship amongst others. Hope it helps!

hey bro, may you share that why you choose Uchicago but not NYU Courant?
Admits: UChicago FinMath (60% scholarship), NYU MathFin, UCLA MFE ($10k scholarship), UC Berkeley Stats
Rejects: Cornell MFE, CMU MSCF
Pending: Columbia DS
Joining: Leaning towards UChicago not only due to the scholarship but also the school's reputation in industry and the robust program. Also, I want to work at prop shop/quant trading firms with high/mid frequency. There are many opportunities in Chicago and I am flexible to travel to New York for super days and other face-2-face interviews.

Happy to hear any comments. Thanks!

Back