• View the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

A Day at the Office?!

Well i am plannin to pursue a degree in MSFE/MSCF in the coming year.While going on with the research about the college,course n job,the doubts of college n the courses has been clarified, but the job type has not.
Have read plenty of threads/posts about jobs..but wud really like to know what is a day in the office?!!
I know it depends on the job type, but here wud just want a preview of wat it is..either for a risk analyst,quant analyst,trading,portfolio mgmt,etc...
Why am i asking this? well cos while reading job sites i get a know how as to wat the employer wants but surely my previous job has taught me that wat is on your offer document job profile may not actually happen in office...:-k
So plz all the employers n employees do post in your valuable suggestions... :prayer:

First Suggestion: Change your post to proper English. You are not text messaging your buddies.

A day at the Office ?

I would first apolagize for the inappropriate writing format .
Here is the post..
I am planning to pursue a degree in MSFE/MSCF in the coming year.While going on with the research about the college,course and job,the doubts regarding college and the courses have been clarified, but the job type has not.
I know it depends on the job type, but here would just want a preview of what it is..either for a risk analyst,quant analyst,trading,portfolio mgmt,etc...??
Why am i asking this? While reading job sites i did get a know how as to what the employer wants. But, surely my previous job has taught me that what is on your offer document job profile may not actually happen in office...
Therefore request the employers and employees to post in your valuable suggestions...
Thanks in advance.

295 views , even a correction and not even 1 constructive post!!
Please do reply...
Thanks in advance.

The best way to find out is to actually sit in the office for a couple hours. If you interview at a place, and they like you, they will allow that.

EDIT: reading over your post again, I guess you're not ready to interview; you're just researching. Then you'll have to ask really nicely.

Hi doug reich,
Yes, i am only researching. I have not yet even applied for the MSFE programs. As a part of the research i wanted to find out what the jobs actually are like. Hence, the post.
Apolagize again if the posts are written in an inappropriate format.
But having posted this query i would expect some answers too.
As this query will have multiple answers based on each persons personal experience, hence ,request replies from employees and employers.

Thanks in advance.

Back