• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

A question about VC++ compiling not Visual Studio

The problem is listed as the pictures I posted. Any code I wrote cannot be run.
Another solution will be:
1. Close VS.
2. Open VS.
3. Create a new project.
4. Create a source file and make sure you save it in the right directory.
5. File -> move Source.c into -> project's directory
6. Re-write the code. Don't forget the return statement and "int" as datatype for main().
7. Compile.

Y
Another solution will be:
1. Close VS.
2. Open VS.
3. Create a new project.
4. Create a source file and make sure you save it in the right directory.
5. File -> move Source.c into -> project's directory
6. Re-write the code. Don't forget the return statement and "int" as datatype for main().
7. Compile.
Yeah I did as you told me.I just established the source file in the project within the same directory. And I try to create a cpp file like this:

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout<<"This is it"<<endl;
}

It still report the same problems.
Should I install 2010 and try 2015 since it is in English version and give it a shot?

Eh...I am sorry but I still cannot operate on the files.
The case now is like this:
Every time I want to compile the codes I wrote, it will print that the system cannot find the .exe file so that it will not work,even if I just want to print a space on the screen...
If I still cannot make it on VS 2010,are there some alternatives I can use?VC++ 11.0?
VS2015 Community is free.

These kinds of issues should be resolved asap.
Overview of Visual Studio 2015 Products

Last edited:
Back