• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Admit Conditions

ssk

Hi all,

I was wondering if Berkeley gave anyone any admit conditions and require you to complete them before joining the program. Something like complete a course in such and such or take CFA Level 1 exam.

If so, did you complete them ? Do you know of any student that had conditions and didn't complete all of them ?

Cheers,

They give everyone at least something to work on and consider the prep work and their pre-program courses to be the unofficial first year of their "two year program". A friend of mine got about 5 maths & programming classes assigned to him, but there's no question as to whether it will be completed or not.

Thank you for you reply Trev.

So your friend didn't complete all the conditions and he still got to start the program ?

They told me they "reserve the right" to revoke the admission if the requirements are not met in the end.

But they also told me "that has not really happened."

That was my understanding as well. I have emailed them about this and I'll update you if I get any other response.

So what do they exactly mean by 'Prepare for and take the CFA level 1 exam'? What happens in case you take the exam but don't pass?

I think you should contact Christina and ask. Its on a case by case basis or at least thats what I understand.

Back