• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advice Needed !

Hi ,

I'm interested in financial engineering field.
I've done masters in mechanical engineering from Mumbai Univ, India. I've 5 yrs of experience in software development and testing in a reputed engineering software development company. Also, I've worked on Monte-Carlo simulation (C programming) for BARC as part of my masters' project. BARC has published a paper based on my work and I'm a co-author of that.

I want to know my chances of getting admit for Financial engineering in a reputed Univ.

Which Univ shall I try in?

Other thing is, I had appeared for GRE TOEFL in 2003. Can I apply on the basis of these scores?

thanks
Girish

Look at the quantnet wiki for a list of programs in NYC. Then do research on each and narrow it down according to your own criteria list.
Search Quantnet for more discussion of ones you are interested in.
Apply to all on your short list.
Approach this as an investment or marriage. People can't or shouldn't tell you who you fit best or should marry.
I'm sure after you spend a month or two reading about different programs, you will come to have a much better idea of your ideal match.
GRE is usually valid for 5 years so you may need to retake it.

what's your definition of "reputed software firm"? What's your definition of "reputed program"? What is BARC?

Back