• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advice on choosing right program

Which is right for me?

• Total voters
Hi All,
Appreciate if you could help me in making right decision. I have got admit from above three programs and I am not able to make a decision.
My Background: Indian with ~3 years work exp in Risk Management (exposed to both Credit Risk and Market Risk)
Preferred jobs post graduation: Portfolio Management, Risk Management. I would like to have a job that involves relatively more finance component than programming.
Companies: No dream companies as such. Would prefer the ones that are more friendly with Int'l people esp. Indians.
Studies would majorly be funded through education loan and would like to limit the debt burden to minimum.
Lifestyle: Don't want too much hassle in life. A peaceful, stable job with good work-life balance.
Only priority - job that I like and fine with just enough compensation to live peacefully

Hi All,
Appreciate if you could help me in making right decision. I have got admit from above three programs and I am not able to make a decision.
My Background: Indian with ~3 years work exp in Risk Management (exposed to both Credit Risk and Market Risk)
Preferred jobs post graduation: Portfolio Management, Risk Management. I would like to have a job that involves relatively more finance component than programming.
Companies: No dream companies as such. Would prefer the ones that are more friendly with Int'l people esp. Indians.
Studies would majorly be funded through education loan and would like to limit the debt burden to minimum.
Lifestyle: Don't want too much hassle in life. A peaceful, stable job with good work-life balance.
Only priority - job that I like and fine with just enough compensation to live peacefully
Hi could you please let me know if you were able to figure out your options? I need some help with the same

If you are going solely off cost, pretty sure GT is your best options. Furthermore, they have a great program and a solid reputation in big cities (Atlanta, Charlotte). If you are planning on going to that geographical area, GT is a no brainer. But considering you are not as interested in programming, this may be a step in the wrong direction.

If you are interested in more finance than computation, is quant the best path? How do you feel about maths/stats? Most MFE programs are going to come with a large amount of computation (and obviously maths/stats). If you are more looking for programs that are more finance based but still "quantish," I would check out Rutgers MQF.

Back