• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Amazon cloud?

Is anyone else here using the Amazon cloud for developing/testing/hosting on?

I'd appreciate anyone's opinions on whether they think the service is good or bad. As a side note I'll be running a staging environment on it with IBM WebSphere Portal being hosted.

Thanks

I have not used it personally but the general opinion from my friends who are using it is that, it is quite a smart solution to many problems.

good or bad

Actually its hard to say by one word if its good or bad. It depends on your requirements. See some articles guiding you through the definition of many services the Amazon Cloud offers. See if it suits your needs. This might be helpful
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)

Thanks for the feedback. I've been playing around with the cloud on and off for a few months but not used it yet to actually host anything that will be viewed by clients off-site.
Since the project will only be up for a few weeks, this seems like a good solution as I can drop it once the review process is done.

Back