• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Any Math courses?

@joy : Good knowledge on Corp finance and Financial statement analysis are hardly required if you want to work on quant side.... IBD yes....
Moreover it would be more prudent to learn those things via CFA L1 I guesss...they have a very good curriculum on those topics... And also I hardly think the classes on FSA are going to add any weightage to your application....They are looking for your mathematical abilities not how much knowledge you already have on finance.

@joy : Good knowledge on Corp finance and Financial statement analysis are hardly required if you want to work on quant side.... IBD yes....
Moreover it would be more prudent to learn those things via CFA L1 I guesss...they have a very good curriculum on those topics... And also I hardly think the classes on FSA are going to add any weightage to your application....They are looking for your mathematical abilities not how much knowledge you already have on finance.

Yeah that's what I figured. Well FSA is a part of the curriculum. I think many curriculums have that one Corporate finane/financial accounting course in their first year. I just have no choice for this summer in my program and might have to take a Corporate Finance and FSA courses unfortunately. Everyone goes off for internships in the summer so there isn't much choice in terms of courses. If I take a one hit for the corporate finance courses I would graduate a whole semester earlier actually...but I don't want to waste my money at the same time cuz I would rather take a quant elective.

Aaaaaaaaah. lol

@joy : I am based out of India.Can you tell me of any place to do some maths courses either by correspondence or online..?? I checked Columbia Video Network..They have some good topics but they charge 4.5k$ for 1 subject...that makes it 25k dollars for 4-5 topics....Not affordable ...I want to do those courses just to add weight to my application

@joy : I am based out of India.Can you tell me of any place to do some maths courses either by correspondence or online..?? I checked Columbia Video Network..They have some good topics but they charge 4.5k$ for 1 subject...that makes it 25k dollars for 4-5 topics....Not affordable ...I want to do those courses just to add weight to my application

I am not too sure. I have never looked into online courses. I know there are tons of "online universities" but I don't know how that will help. Berkeley has some refresher online courses too I think.

Just do some google searches and see what comes up. Maybe see if a university nearby is offering math courses and so on? It would be cheaper. $4.5K is a lot of money in India. Just pick something at a nearby university.

Maybe others can comment on cheap online courses.

They have some good topics but they charge 4.5k$ for 1 subject...that makes it 25k dollars for 4-5 topics....Not affordable ...I want to do those courses just to add weight to my application
What do you think is a good price that affordable to most prospective students from India looking to meet prerequisites of MFE programs?
$4.5K/course is pretty steep even in American standard but it's marketed to those who can afford or reimbursed by employers.
Berkeley courses cost 1300-1600/course.

What do you think is a good price that affordable to most prospective students from India looking to meet prerequisites of MFE programs?
$4.5K/course is pretty steep even in American standard but it's marketed to those who can afford or reimbursed by employers.
Berkeley courses cost 1300-1600/course.
Berkely courses are cheaper but they just have three courses in mathematics for online learning
Calculus 1
calculus 2
Introduction to statistics

and content of these courses seem very basic in nature....I am not sure whether these would be the right courses for mathematical requirements of MFE

Hi finished my finance bachelor last year and the school offered me graduate diploma in applied maths

This is my study plan

Are these papers bang on for MFE? My professor said he planned this personally for me to get to MFE but since you guys are MFE students and ex student you guys would prob know more

• Semester Two 2010: Statistical Methods, Multivariate Calculus, Differential, Equations, Numerical Analysis (Level 7)
  • Summer School: Industrial Mathematics (possible), (Level 7)
  • Semester One 2011: Linear Algebra, PDE (level 7), Mathematical Modelling in Finance (Level 7), Industrial Statistics (or Quantitative Statistics for Research) (Level 7)
Any other papers I need or change?

Hello,

I am planning to take a few NetMath online courses. However, I am not so successful in finding out a proctor so far. Does anyone have any experience in searching for proctor in New Jersey?

Thanks

I was looking at the Netmath as well. Will these hold a close weight to taking live course?

Short answer: no. You can't replace in person instruction. Also, quality control is a big question mark with these online courses.
Usually, they will evaluate each online institution individually. You may have to provide the schools with additional information about your online courses so they can have a better understanding of what you learn.

Back