• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Anyone upgrading to Windows 7?

I think I will. I was sold by the snap to edge feature, which makes tex and its result a lot easier to manage ;) Of course I get a free upgrade so why wouldn't I? Although I think I may wait a month or two to have people work out the kinks, updates etc.

My XP Pro is totally fine. I don't see any reasons for upgrade now. Maybe for people who play 3D games it makes sense to upgrade, but not for me.

New laptop, Andy. (But there's also the not so legal legal copies which can be had for those inclined, if you know what stone to overturn.)

My Mac OSX 10.6 works great and my wife's Ubuntu laptop doesn't complain either :)

I'll probably give it a try. We've had 7 at work since it's early alpha releases - compliments of a CEO who used to be the #4 at Microsoft

Been using it for a couple of months now (free from MSDN since I'm a student). I think it's great. Definitely better than vista but probably a next generation version of XP. XP 2.0?

I have been using the free RC version since it came out when I need a windows box. No application trouble unless except with some random legacy ipod thing that only runs on xp.

I've been using Windows 7 on my 1 Ghz underpowered ultralight laptop for a few months now. It runs much better than Vista which was originally installed on it. Visual Studio 2008 runs fine.

BTW, I just installed OS X 10.5 too and it runs fine too. :)

I believe you need to be enrolled in a CIS course to take advantage of that site, but definitely correct me if I am wrong.

I believe you need to be enrolled in a CIS course to take advantage of that site, but definitely correct me if I am wrong.

isn't C++ class from MFE is a CIS course? but yes it's not a CIS department course so probably if Dan can talk to them, this would probably work it out much easier!

I'm using Win 7 + VMware Fedora 12. It runs smooth and fast (compare to vista).
Still playing with linkage b/w host(win7) and client(Fedora). I got my sshd worked but not httpd. Win 7 introduced a new network configuration tool which is similar to vista but need some manual configuration for NAT on vmware.

Back