• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Are these jobs offer real?

If they are direct jobs posted by employers, chance are they are legitimate. For HH, use your best judgement.
I have a feeling people with $1M+ salary don't exactly go to those websites to find their next job.
Once you put your resume on the hand of some shady HH, they may send to plenty of places without your consent. Not a big problem if you are seeking the first job, but it becomes a huge problem once you are established at some place.

Then what are some legitimate job posting sites for quants?

Yes i wondered many times while going through such job postings.How to differentiate between the legitimate ones and the fake ones?

The job postings on quantfinancejobs.com keep repeating, I followed it for a few weeks on and off and its pretty much the same job postings. I have received a call from at least one of the recruiters in london but no followup.

The job postings on quantfinancejobs.com keep repeating, I followed it for a few weeks on and off and its pretty much the same job postings. I have received a call from at least one of the recruiters in london but no followup.

Thanks for sharing this info

They're "generic" job postings -- the jobs don't exist and the HHs -- presumably for lack of anything better to do -- are just collecting resumes.

They're "generic" job postings -- the jobs don't exist and the HHs -- presumably for lack of anything better to do -- are just collecting resumes.

Just curious... do HH's have to pay to post jobs on sites like quantfinancejobs.com and the like? If they're just amassing resumes, there are probably better ways of doing it without posting phantom jobs.

Incidentally, advertising phantom jobs to collect resumes is not confined to finance: it's endemic among IT recruiters as well.

Andy says "If they are direct jobs posted by employers, chance are they are legitimate." and I can see why he says that.

In the olden days (2005) a direct job ad would have come from the firm's HR. That's often not true now, they have "in house" recruiters supplied by recruiting firms. Or to put it another way headhunters who didn't make it in the part of the recruiting firm that actually does recruiting, and they are now rented to a bank. It may even be someone from Resource Solutions who don't in any way compare to any story you've ever heard about recruiters.

Shantanu asks "How to differentiate between the legitimate ones and the fake ones?" , and there is no way, assuming they are basically competent. Fact is that if you put up a genuine ad, then a fake one how can a 3rd party know that ?

Back