• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch C++ or Berkely Haas C++ ?

Hi im considering doing a C++ certificate. Im almost completely new to C++, and im wondering if it will be better if i take the Baruch C++ course or the UCLA Berkely course of C++ ?

if anyone has taken the course before would you mind sharing your experience about it? maybe on which course is more comprehensive and teaches you the basics and application to financial engineering..

Thanks a lot!

Berkeley''s MFE program tends to focus on Matlab so I don't know how well or how they structure their C++ course. Baruch focuses more on C++ so their program will likely be more in tune to what's needed. Baruch's course is also taught by Daniel Duffy, a respected and well known name in computational finance.

I am involved in the QN C++ course so I am not completely objective. I know of no course anywhere in the world that goes beyond the standard OOP stuff, i.e. STL, Boost, MC and FDM. The course I developed will hopefully by a good foundation for more advanced C++ and its applications.

Actually, there are not so many C++ trainers around :)

Back