• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Best books to learn C++

For beginners
You can learn c++ from
  1. Let Us C++ by Yeshwant Kanetkar.
  2. Object Oriented Programming with C++ by E Balagurusamy.
  3. C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup
Also you can refer best books on c++ programming.
For advanced c++ learners:
Next, if you are advanced c++ learner then you should refer books like:
  • Data Structures, Algorithms And Applications In C++ by Sartaj Sahni
  • Test Your C++ Skills by Yeshwant Kantekar

I started with C++ 6 months ago. Today I have learned 3 other languages and work as a java developer. The reason why it went so well is because of the C++ book Professional C++ by Marc Gregoire. It gives you such a deep knowledge of C++ and programming in general that it is really easy to learn another language if you want. Marc is a most valuable professional at microsoft so he know his stuff!
I write more about Professional C++ here:
Best C++ book

"Yes I am familiar with calculus. Math is not I am much qworried about. But for programming I need to start from scratch :)"

You need to start maths from scratch as well. No offence meant, Calculus is kind of 'baby maths'. Calculus is like taking driving lessons. Maths is !(taking driving lessons).

Last edited:
The 3rd edition of Brian Overland's C++ Without Fear is now out. If you're new to coding and need to learn basic C++ fast and enjoyably, I can't think of a better book. Amazon is selling it for a paltry $21. The book won't take you very far but will give you the framework to tackle more advanced books.

Back