• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Black-Scholes PDE with boundary conditions

A typical European option pricing via Black-Scholes approach is
to solve a Black-Scholes PDE with terminal option payoff f(T,x)

Simply put, a Black Sholes PDE involving the first derivative of option value on t and on x (the value of underlying security) and the second derivative on x, with a domain [0,T]*[-inf,+inf] with a boundary value condition on the right vertex can be solved.

My question is, is it possible to solve the Black-Scholes PDE with a different boundary value condition?

e.g. domain [0,T]*[U,L] with the upper boudary the lower boundary and the right vertex boudary.

And so on.

My problem is a double barrier option between two slope lines (instead of known interval X in (a,b) )

Thank you.

Well could you tell me if this is a time dependent boundary or not?

An option pays 1 dollar immediately when the underlying hit a predetermined level before expiry.

Another option pays the same but lose effect when the underlying hits another level.

Back