• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Book for current equity derivatives models/theory/applications

Does anyone know of a good book that treats equity derivatives? I am looking for something that focuses on current models. Something beyond an intro to stochastic calculus, simple MC, Black-Scholes, implied volatility, basic derivatives, etc.

I am specifically looking for a book that addresses some or all of the following topics:
  • Finite difference methods for solving PDEs (particularly for equity derivatives)
  • Variations to simple Monte Carlo (variance reduction, dealing with non-homogeneous time steps, etc.)
  • Local volatility calibration
  • Popular structured products and/or hybrids
  • Dividends (in practice)
The recent book by Jherek Healy seems to cover a lot of these topics but does not have many reviews. Can anyone recommend this book or any other books?

My recent 2nd edition of my C++11 book which has quite a few chapters on PDE and MC.
My 2006 FDM book discusses PDE for equities.

Attachments

• From Navier-Stokes to Black-Scholes Numerical Methods in Computational Finance.pdf
    87.8 KB · Views: 67
Maybe a book on advanced equity derivatives/demans book on vol surface. Maybe the book by Lorenzo bergomi and computational methods in finance should do the trick. IMHO, you are wasting your time learning these concepts if it doesn’t lead to a job in that field.
Barely any jobs out there that require the background that you seek to acquire.

Back