• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Boston University MSMF Interview

Hey all,

I just applied to the Boston University Mathematical Finance Masters program and got an email requesting a phone/skype interview. I was wondering if anyone knew what I can expect? (what type of questions, how much I should research the university/program beforehand, whether or not I should wear a suit if I do the skype interview, etc.)

Any information from people who have had such interviews would be great!

Thanks!

Hi, anyone got any updates from Boston University MSMF 2011 admissions, as 11th March was date for R2 results!!

Hi, anyone got any updates from Boston University MSMF 2011 admissions, as 11th March was date for R2 results!!
I heard that they asked for High School transcripts 2 days ago! I believe that is a final step before they accept.

They have been generally replying to candidates 7 to 1o days after the interview!

I have no news of interview also.. has somebody got interview calls???

I have no news of interview also.. has somebody got interview calls???
Yeah Moksha, they sent emails and asked some of the candidates to book an interview online (using skype for overseas students). And that started like 3 weeks ago.

Yeah Moksha, they sent emails and asked some of the candidates to book an interview online (using skype for overseas students). And that started like 3 weeks ago.
So the situation looks quite bleak to me :(

Lolzzz...Ya I have an admit from Columbia, just waiting for the results, maybe can have some more celebrations ;)

@Karl Tashjian
Did you take a look at http://www.quantnet.com/review-boston-university-math-finance-program/
To get people who did the interview, go to our Tracker and filter the program for Boston. I see 3 or 4 people interviewed and get accepted within past weeks.
You can contact them and see if they can give you some color.

Hi Andy
Can anyone shed some light on Boston MSMF from the perspective of placements and reputation.
And does anyone have any idea that after how many days post the interview from the Adcom does one get final decision from Boston University ??
Please do the needful ..

Hi Andy
Can anyone shed some light on Boston MSMF from the perspective of placements and reputation.
And does anyone have any idea that after how many days post the interview from the Adcom does one get final decision from Boston University ??
Please do the needful ..
If you are a round 1 applicant, you have to wait until the certain time that all the results are released together. The time interval between interview and results can be much shorter in other rounds.

Back