• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Certificate Question

Hi, I plan to take this class through January to April (16 weeks). Can I enroll to this course any time in January?
And, I am working on my CV for quant programs application, how should I show this Certificate on my CV before I finish it (since I need 16 weeks to finish the course).
Last question, since I am a beginner in C++, what do you suggest me to read before enroll in this class. I heard C++ Primer Plus is a good book to read for beginner.

Hi, I plan to take this class through January to April (16 weeks). Can I enroll to this course any time in January?
And, I am working on my CV for quant programs application, how should I show this Certificate on my CV before I finish it (since I need 16 weeks to finish the course).
Last question, since I am a beginner in C++, what do you suggest me to read before enroll in this class. I heard C++ Primer Plus is a good book to read for beginner.
I personally advise:

A C++ book not yet.

Variables, values, how memory in C work a bit
What do compiler and linker do
The structure and contents of a C/C++ program
How to drive VS2012 product.

Practical, hands-on stuff.

And finally, it does no harm to study posts in
https://www.quantnet.com/threads/co...why-do-i-get-linker-errors.11992/#post-121588

I personally advise:

A C++ book not yet.

Variables, values, how memory in C work a bit
What do compiler and linker do
The structure and contents of a C/C++ program
How to drive VS2012 product.

Practical, hands-on stuff.

And finally, it does no harm to study posts in
https://www.quantnet.com/threads/co...why-do-i-get-linker-errors.11992/#post-121588
Thanks for your reply Daniel. I have submitted pre-register form. However, after I click "submit", after few seconds, the page just closed. Is that normal? What should I expect next?

Thanks for your reply Daniel. I have submitted pre-register form. However, after I click "submit", after few seconds, the page just closed. Is that normal? What should I expect next?
You're welcome, achilo. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the form. I think @Andy Nguyen or @APalley know.

Lots of fun with the course!

Daniel

(y)
By the way, since I am working on my resume for quant program application right now, I want to know what should I put on my resume before I pass final exam. Thanks.

You mean, stating on CV that you are doing the C++ course, yes?

I personally would include it. Shows committment.

Back