• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ CGI

Have only used Perl and CGI before. After looked it in google, did found some possibility useful links. Not sure if they can help you?

C++ webservices:
gSOAP:
gSOAP: SOAP C++ Web Services

XML based ASP.net webservice
Walkthrough: Creating an XML Web Service Using C++ and the CLR

XML-RPC
Enable C++ applications for Web service using XML-RPC

wt: c++ web toolkit
Wt, C++ Web Toolkit - Introduction

Anyone has experience in making C++ available as cgi script so it can be used online?
Besides C++ CGI, anyone know if there are alternatives to making your C++ code available online?

The Wt has been mentioned by a few people. Some have suggested Ruby on Rail to me so I can run C# code. Other suggestion is to wrap C++ as PHP extension.
Wrapping C++ Classes in a PHP Extension
Another possibility http://code.google.com/p/nanogear/

For the time being, I'm considering only CGI approach because I have compiled C++ to cgi on this server before (for the mathtex engine) and just ran some testing with a simple C++ code. It worked so I'm reading into parsing the input form into some Black-Scholes pricing library now.

If you are looking for a quick and dirty solution, I suggest you write a perl cgi wrapper script that does all the dirty work of parsing parameters. You can then pass this as command line arguments to your c++ task.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

There are also perl-c++ glue solutions like Inline::CPP and SWIG. I haven't used them in a long time but there is good documentation on these.

Never used it in the context of wrapping for Web, but I find SWIG to be by far the most mature solution for wrapping C/C++ code for myriad of scripting languages.

Back