• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi all

Objective: Learn/refresh C++ knowleadge for admission to MFE programs but also considering it as a funny challenge

Programming Exp.: T SQL, matlab, Java, C#, VBA, SSIS

Current Work: Programmer in japonese corporate bank. Also CFA level 3 candidate and FRM certified.

Intended pace: It really depends on the difficulty of the levels but all may be submit by begin of February 2015, let's see ...

Objective: Learn C++ for MS applications and development of quantitative skills

Programming Exp.: VBA, Python

Current Work: Equity research analyst; 3 levels of CFA and 1 level of FRM done

Intended pace: Focused on getting it done by Feb 2015

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Objective: Learn C++ for fun / gain a greater understanding and competence in programming

Programming Experience: Matlab, R (and R Shiny), VBA, SQL

Current Work: Quantitative Analyst at a pension fund, casual research assistant for the University of Sydney

Intended Pace of Program: reasonably quickly (hopefully)

Hello All,

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program
Programming Experience: None
Current Work: Student
Intended Pace: I hope to get the certificate in mid-Feb

Objective: Learn C++ and develop quantitative financial skills in programming
Programming Experience: Java/J2EE
Current Work: Working as Java/J2EE developer
Intended Pace: Complete as soon as possible

Hi everyone!
Objective:
To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs and also benefit for long term career in financial industry

Programming experience: C, Matlab, some Fortran

Current work: research scientist in physics

Intended pace of program: As soon as possible. Hopefully finish it by the end of this year.

Objective: Learn C++ for admission in to Baruch MFE

Programming experience: Basic, Pascal, Delphi and some others (it's been so long that I don't remember what I knew :) )

Current work: Restaurant manager, hold Bachelor in Chemical Engineering.

Intended pace of program: Finish by mid January(have to be done with it before taking pre-MFE courses in advanced calculus and probability)

Objective: Learn C++ for admission into MFE program

Programming experience: No programming experience before. It is quite a challenge for me;)

Current work: Student~

Intended pace of program: Try my best to finish this course before the final time limit!!

Hi everyone i'm from Perth, Western Australia

Objective:
Learn C++ for final year project

Programming experience: Some MATLAB and R from my electrical engineering and finance studies

Current work: Final year student

Intended pace of program: The full 16 weeks

Hi All,

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs and for my own personal interest.

Programming experience: MATLAB, Mathematics, LaTeX

Current work: Student studying Mathematics and Actuarial Mathematics at the University Of Pennsylvania

Intended pace of program: I intend to try and complete the program within three months or so.

Hi people!! I am Pavlos and here are my goals about this program and current state:

Objective: Master C++ for Financial Engineering
Programming Experience: R (beginner), Python (beginner), basic programming concepts
Current Work: Business Development Consultant at Sakoglou Finance and Accounting
Intended Pace: Approximately 2-3 months

Have great results everybody! :)
@APalley

Hello everyone!

Objective:
Learn C++ for admission in MFE program

Programming Experience: non previous experience
Current Work: working as SAP Treasury consultant
Intended Pace: Not sure, hopefully before February.

Back