• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi all, I just graduate from MS Statistics program in UIUC and will continue to study in a Quant. Finance program in Switzerland this September. And nowadays knowing some OOP is a necessity to get a job as quant. So I'm eager to learn some.

Objective: Learn C++ to get internship as a quant.
Programming Experience: VBA, SAS, R, Python
Current Work: Going to study in ETH Quant. Finance program this September.
Intended Pace: Working all day on this course and complete all levels before September.

Objective: Review my C++ skills and most recent changes of C++11 ASAP. Pay more attention on STL, Boost, and Applications in Computational Finance.
Programming Experience: C++, Java (Core, Swing, EJB, Spring/Hibernate), C#, PHP, Perl, VB, Database (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Tomcat, Big Data (Solr, Redis, mongoDB, Hadoop), Bloomberg API, Reuters API
Current Work: Sr. Java Developer
Intended Pace: Time is not the issue. Want to grand more solid knowledge

Objective: Learn C++ for future work
Programming Experience: Matlab, R, Python, Visual Basic
Current Work: MSc. in Mathematics, previously BSc. Industrial Engineering and BSc. Economics
Inteded Pace: By the end of September

Hello Everyone. My name is Nikhil. I am in pursuit of a career in asset management and alternative investments and I am very eager to be starting my MSMCF at the New Jersey Institute of Technology this Fall. I fully intend to transfer to a top-tier university such as NYU-Poly or Stevens Institute of Technology by Spring 2015.

Objective: To master the C++ language as a foundation for MFE programs and a career as in quantitative finance.

Programming experience: Absolutely none! (Kind of frightening)

Current work: I was working as an Account Executive for an IT company for a few years. I recently quit my job to focus fully on my MFE preparation, starting with this C++ course.

Intended pace of program: I intend to complete this program definitely within the 16 weeks, obviously. But I want to learn as much as I can while I do it, so I don't want to rush it too much. I will work at it diligently everyday, however.

Hi all! So excited to study with you.
Objective: learn C++ for admission to MFE programs
Programming Experience: Stata
Current Work: Student
Intended pace: Finish by November

Hello everyone!
Objective: To learn C++ for personal enrichment and possibly admission to MFE programs

Programming experience: Have been using Matlab, R, and Python over the past 12 months to complete various class projects.

Current work: Applied Math & Econ undergraduate student (Junior)

Intended pace of program: I am determined to cover the material with a fine tooth-comb and complete it on or before October 14.

Hi all,
Objective: Learn C++ to enhance my learning experience at NUS MFE14-15.

Programming experience: VBA, C, C++

Current work: Futures Trader, will be starting MFE in a month.

Intended pace of program: 3-4 months

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: C++, MATLAB, JAVA (basic level)

Current work: Undergraduate student

Intended pace of program: I hope to complete it before December, my master's application.

Hi, I am so excited to be here :)

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE programs(especially admission to Baruch MFE)
Programming Experience: None, but I am up for the challenge.
Current Work: First year Applied Statistics grad student
Intended Pace: As quick as possible, hopefully before October.

Objective: Learn C++ and its financial applications

Programming experience: Python, Arduino, Java (Android SDK), ROBOT C

Current work: Undergraduate Student (rising sophomore) at Northwestern University studying Computer Science, Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences, and Economics.

Intended pace of program: Hopefully finish by early October

Last edited:
Objective: Admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: A little C, a little MATLAB, a little SAS. "A little" means I really need to learn programming!;)

Current work: student

Intended pace of program: Hopefully by Nov. 1.

Hello everyone, glad to be here! Nice to meet you guys!

Objective: Admission to MFE programs for Fall 2015
Programming experience: C , eviews, PLC
Current work: I am currently a fordham university student in MSSD degree.
Intended pace of program: Get the certificate in 3 months.

Hi, everyone, it's good to join the group and finally start my c++ programming course.

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE programs, and better equip myself with the programming skills in actual work
Programming Exp.: Python, Matlab
Current Work: Intern in investment banking area
Intended pace: Wish to be within 2 month

Hello everyone, I am excited to be here with you all.

Objective: Learn C++ and receive certificate to help with entrance into Financial Engineering Programs

Programming experience: Visual Basic during undergraduate Industrial Engineering studies.

Current work: Volvo Trucks

Intended pace of program: Finish by Nov 1

Howdy,

Objective:
Complete this course by December 2014
Programming Experience: HTML, SQL, C++, Java, PHP, VBA
Current Work: Staff Accountant at SaaS Development Company
Intended Pace: One level per week

Cheers!!!

Hello everyone! I am so excited to start with this group!

Objective: Learn C++ and admission to MFE program.

Programming experience: Several C/C++ class in college.

Current work: Ph.D candidate in science.

Intended pace of program: As soon as possible, aiming for two months.

Hello all! Glad to be a part of this forum and to learn C++

Objective:
Learn C++ and to get into the MFE program.
Programming experience: none!
Current work: Publishing
Intended pace: ASAP

Back