• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Programming Course Testimonials

This course was definitely worth it. It provided a solid foundation in C++ and the principles of object-oriented programming. The concepts I learned here can easily be applied to other OOP languages, such as Python.

I'm extremely grateful to the TAs and the forum for their invaluable support. The course content has also proven to be helpful in quant interviews preparations—topics like smart pointers etc. Completing this course not only enhanced my programming skills but also made me more confident in applying them.

I had a wonderful experience throughout the course. It introduced me to a lot of core and fundamental C/C++ concepts. The assignments were involved and I really improved on few topics where I felt my knowledge was wanting. The forum is a great place for discussion about the pros and cons of various approaches to writing good code.
My reason to take the course was to get the certificate, but after having completed it with distinction, I am looking forward to enhance my C++ learning even more.

The experience had been excellent! I was taking this course on suggestion from a senior who said it could be great help to my application to MFE (verify this later this year :D) and it turned out to comply with his suggestion given the solid course content and the help it had been to my cpp programming as a beginner. Besides, I think how we ask questions, exchange thoughts in a forum is also beneficial since it's one of the most common paths of communicating to the community. One must adapt to this form of communication if one is set to go to fields like quant that are loaded with programming techniques and this course could be a good way to start. Anyway, I would wholeheartedly suggest anyone who is considering this course to take it. Whatever the result of application might be, the experiences and skills themselves are invaluable.

I thought the course was very comprehensive and had great projects. Overall I feel like I learned a lot and am very satisfied with my experience. I would also like to mention that the TA's are great and respond/grade very quickly.

I took this course to get an introduction to C++ and had a great experience. It was challenging going through the exercises, but with help from the forums and the TAs I was able to get a solid understanding of the homework exercises and cement the knowledge learned in the videos. I had to take the course as part of the admission requirements to an MFE program.

I'm starting a masters degree in financial engineering and thought it would be useful to learn some C++ before going in to the program. A friend from undergrad took it last year and recommended it to me. I found the program very organized, the lectures were well-balanced in terms of theoretical information and examples, and the homeworks gave a good opportunity to practice what I learned. Overall great course to take.

I had the pleasure of taking this C++ course over the last four months, and I must say it was an exceptional experience. As someone working as a model validator rates quant and prior experience in OOP and C++, I enrolled in this course to strengthen my knowledge and refine my skills.

The course offers comprehensive and in-depth content, covering everything from the basics to advanced topics, which made it beneficial even for someone with maths&programming background.
Condensed learning: It effectively condenses what would normally take 1-2 years of personal study into just four months, making it an efficient way to quickly gain a solid foundation or advance your skills.
Valuable for experienced programmers: Even though I already had experience in C++, the course helped me revisit fundamental concepts and correct gaps, ensuring I was building on the right foundation.
Emphasis on practical application: The course doesn't stop at theory—it emphasizes applying the concepts in real pricing applications, which is crucial in the quant industry (personal view).
Collaborative environment: The course fosters a sense of community, allowing me to engage with peers and gain diverse perspectives, which further enriched the learning process.
Finally, the sense of accomplishment upon completing such a rigorous and rewarding program is unparalleled!
Overall, I highly recommend this course to both beginners and experienced professionals looking to solidify or expand their C++ knowledge.

Back