• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Career Advide Needed

Hey guys

I am doing a PhD in Statistics and expect to finish it in Summer/Fall 2011. My research is application of computational Bayesian Statistics methods(e.g., monte-carlo simulations, particle filters) for inference (e.g., parameter estimation) in Stochastic Volatility models (e.g., continous-time OU processes) in finance. I like my research problem (statistical modeling) and actually prefer it to a merely finance-oriented problem. My knowledge of finance is limited (a general bit of financial derivatives (Hull book)). I program fluently in C (though not in C++).

Now, I am wondering if there is any opportunity in finance sector for me. What skills would you recommend me to gain and what job positions should I look for? Do they have position titles like "statistician"?

I apologize beforehand if my question has been raised before (I searched the forum and could not find anything similar).

Thanks a lot,
Amaan

contact a head hunter and apply for a job. That's how you will find out

Back