• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Career Path Advice : Masters in Financial Engineering

I am a 3rd year Computer Science student from India. I am deeply interested in the world of Finance and Quant. I came across a post suggesting Financial Engineering as a nice career path. So I wanted to know how should my profile be to get an admit into the top Masters of Financial Engineering programs like Columbia, Baruch, Princeton.
I have taken calculus, statistics in college. Also I am good at programming in C++, Java, Python for my level. So please can someone guide me how should I proceed?
What courses should I complete? Do internships at Finance firms score brownie points in our application? What all qualities do these top universities look for in an aspiring MSFE candidate?

You could indicate you interest by taking on final year projects or internships related to finance ( imean quantitative finance). Also, do try implementing famous models like BS in any programming language of your choice. Maybe come up with a momentum based strategy in the Indian markets and back test it properly. Keep trying some projects and upload them to github etc to show it to the admissions committee and recruiters.

You could indicate you interest by taking on final year projects or internships related to finance ( imean quantitative finance). Also, do try implementing famous models like BS in any programming language of your choice. Maybe come up with a momentum based strategy in the Indian markets and back test it properly. Keep trying some projects and upload them to github etc to show it to the admissions committee and recruiters.
Thank you so much @longgamma . Will surely follow your advice

Back