• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chances of getting into Berkeley MFE

Hi, I'd like to have an honest assessment of my chances of getting into Berkeley MFE.
I am Italian and I finished in July my bachelor in Economics and Management with a GPA of 29.3/30 (Italian GPA) and degree grade of 110 cum laude / 110. My university is one of the most important in Italy ( not Bocconi ). It is Luiss University.

Quantitative courses I took (few):
-Mathematics (from beginning stuff to basic integration, so second-order- equations etc.)
-Statistics (with some regression)
-Financial Mathematics

Finance courses I took:
-Techniques of Exchange (finance course about portfolio return and risk analysis, so Beta of regression etc.)
-Financial Institutions
-Bookkeeping
-Corporate Finance

Professional experience:
-Credit data analyst internship at a Credit cards company (3 months, learnt how to use VBA)
-Private GMAT tutor for a Manhattan Elite prep (1 month, I have GMAT:700 but low quant score, so I will take the GRE)
- Full-time employment at world-famous Investment Bank as Stress Testing Analyst (just started and learning SQL and improving VBA)

Programming skills:
-Python (Bachelor thesis on Black-Sholes, Monte-Carlo, lattice method, stochastic processes and Greeks)
-R(short online course from HarvardX)
-C++(QuantNet course)
-VBA(from my internship)

IELTS:7.5

Enrolled in quantitative courses from my former university that I am going to take around June (so after the application deadline):
-Mathematical Methods for finance (master level course)
-Applied statistics and Econometrics (bachelor level course)
-Probability (master level course)

What do you honestly think? Anything else that I could add to my CV before my application (apart from GRE), like a course or something else? I do not think I will be able to complete anything else before the deadline (because of my current job), courses etc. but if strengthening my application I could start the Advanced C++ course or whatever other things you might suggest me and say it in my CV.

Thanks!!

Back