• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
Carnegie Mellon University - MS in Computational Finance

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Admission results

I just got my interview email today. I'm so happy I made it to this stage! Anyone else?

Question - Do they send interview invites to everyone they select or only some ?

From their session it looked to me they only invite people they are confused about. Rest are either rejected or selected straight way.

I'm not sure. Looking at the Tracker, however, I can't see an 'Admit' with no interview.

You are right. Tracker data backs you up. Anyway this is what they told me during one of the sessions.

It also looks like there have been rejects for R3 -just by looking at tracker.

Hi guys, i was going through this thread and saw CMU sent round 1 invites starting from 9th jan last year. Anyone who's received an invite for 2014?

Has anyone in R1 heard from CMU? The deadline is Jan 31, but none of my friends received anything...

Last edited:
Finally CMU is sending out interview invitations for Fall 2014 batch.

A slight change from previous year is that the span of interview is 30 mins.

Will there possibly have different form of interview?

Does anyone have information about how the interviews went in the past? Should we expect linear algebra/ calc/programming problems? Or are they trying to get to know us?

In general, the interview is not technical. You just need to be clear on why you are applying to the program.

Thanks
Babinu

Back