• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Console Application -Linq to SQL -

Ok Here is the prblem I am working with
I am making a console application in Visual Studio 2008 which will take input from a user. These will be called questions

This input will be in the form of a string or text.

This string will be matched with a set of questions and then then based on whether the set of strings appear in that question , a field name will be picked up .

In short, everything that a user types in will be matched against a table with a bunch of questions in it, which will eventually pin point to a field name that the original string is supposed to belong to.

How do I do this with Linq to SQL??
The parameters that I am passing in are the -
System Table that is being worked with i.e where the question will end up
The verbiage of the question.

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated. I think I can easily do this with simple SQL but am supposed to use Linq to SQL.

Thank you all,

Back