• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
Cornell University - Master in Financial Engineering

Cornell FE Cornell M.FinEng

She said 4/15 in my letter too. Nothing received today. Just why nobody in Cornell would pick up the phone??!!

I started calling them since I knew I was waitlisted... but I never got on hold of them... so idk...
well stay calm and hope for the best :))

To all of those who are waitlisted by Cornell, I called Kathryn Caggiano this morning, and miraculously, she picked up the phone. Very nice lady, told me the result for waitlist should be out by Wednesday. Since she did not say the class is already full, I guess we all have a chance. However, she mentioned people's confirmations to attendance are still coming in, which I don't understand since 4/15 was the dead-line for Conell according to many people. If people were allowed to reply after 4/15, then we may have a much longer wait. But anyway, good luck to all of us.

To all of those who are waitlisted by Cornell, I called Kathryn Caggiano this morning, and miraculously, she picked up the phone. Very nice lady, told me the result for waitlist should be out by Wednesday. Since she did not say the class is already full, I guess we all have a chance. However, she mentioned people's confirmations to attendance are still coming in, which I don't understand since 4/15 was the dead-line for Conell according to many people. If people were allowed to reply after 4/15, then we may have a much longer wait. But anyway, good luck to all of us.

Thank you so much fro the update!! Good luck everyone!

I saw someone got rejected by cornell after being waitlisted....
yikes...... :(

Hold on tight. At least we are still on the boat. I think we will hear something back tomorrow. I couldn't sleep well these days, but good or bad, there will be a result, then life will move on. Good luck to all of us.

Hold on tight. At least we are still on the boat. I think we will hear something back tomorrow. I couldn't sleep well these days, but good or bad, there will be a result, then life will move on. Good luck to all of us.

sigh... totally the same here..... I wasn't able to sleep for quite a few days. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey friend, did you receive anything from Cornell today? I havent heard of anything yet........... :(

Hey friend, did you receive anything from Cornell today? I havent heard of anything yet........... :(
Called Kathryn King today, she said she will get back the result to us by Friday. She added "hopefully" though. Not sure what's going on... can't imagine what is taking them this much of time.

Hope all the sufferings worth something...
Do you have backup plan if sth happens? Its not wise to put all eggs in one basket...
As far as I know, they received about 1000 applications this year and have not even completed reviewing all of them. I counted the number of people on the waiting list from several major forums and found more than 30!

Alright, it's me again...
I always wanted to this whole apply-and-update-status-on-online-forums thing ever since I was in undergrad, so here I go again with my second thread... to all of you who applied to Cornell why not share your profile and application status over here... come on it will be fun! and if there are any alums or current students you are more than welcome to weigh in with your experience and insider tips!
best luck to you all!!

Hi there, had applied to Cornell..any idea when the results will be out ? Got some issue with my app status currently since I didnt submit a TOEFL score..have clarified with the ORIE office that it will be required, hence its something that I need to get sorted out asap. Apart frm that, I am applying with a few years experience in fixed income valuations for an i-bank. How abt you ?

Back