• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Cornell MFE 2023 Decision

What if I did not receive anything at thing point (not even waitlisted)? Does that mean I got pretty much no chance to get admitted, or I'm silently rejected already? Could someone give me your interpretation of this?

What if I did not receive anything at thing point (not even waitlisted)? Does that mean I got pretty much no chance to get admitted, or I'm silently rejected already? Could someone give me your interpretation of this?
theres no way of knowing, just hold tight and have back up options. itll all work out in the end

Is there any decision release deadline? I already heard from UCLA and UChicago although their application deadline was more than 1 month later than Cornell’s.

Is there any decision release deadline? I already heard from UCLA and UChicago although their application deadline was more than 1 month later than Cornell’s.
Which would you choose between Cornell and Chicago?

Which would you choose between Cornell and Chicago?
It’s a hard call. In terms of overall reputation of the school, I think UChicago is slightly better than Cornell. However, I am comparing a great apple with another great apple here.

I do not know the detail of curriculum but both offer quite intense courses with many real world application. It would be super nice to hear from some current students/alumni to get more insights. Lastly, Cornell’s last semester is in NYC but UChicago is fully located in Chicago. Although Chicago is a hub especially for derivative markets, NYC might have more opportunities for banks.

I still haven’t heard from Cornell but in case of admittance, it will undoubtedly give me hard time to make a decision.

can someone make a whatsapp group please?
tbh might make more sense to wait until other decisions come out such that the group consist of the incoming cohort as opposed to a bunch of people who won't end up going to Cornell

Okay, then it means there are still some seats available. I am still waiting to hear to make an informed decision on the program I will pursue. Have you applied for Knight scholarship @Frank Chen? Maybe the decision is not released yet for those that applied to scholarship which is my case
I didn't apply for scholarship. They expect to give everyone an answer by mid of March.

Okay, then it means there are still some seats available. I am still waiting to hear to make an informed decision on the program I will pursue. Have you applied for Knight scholarship @Frank Chen? Maybe the decision is not released yet for those that applied to scholarship which is my case
Even I have applied for the knight scholarship and haven't received any communication after the submission of my application

Me neither still awaiting a reply maybe they release the results for the Knight scholarship students after the normal batch

Hmmm perhaps you can try to send a follow-up email in case you have a deadline coming up soon

Back