• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Cornell MPS applied stat vs U of Chicago ms stat vs Boston Mathfin

MS Stat vs MS financial maths

• Ms stat

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Ms financial maths

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, guys

I have been recently admitted to three of programs, U of Chicago ms stat, Cornell MPS applied stat and Boston Univ Mathfin.
I am wondering which program would better suit my interests.

let me introduce myself briefly.
I am a international student for master program in economics.
I would like to get a job in the U.S related in financial field, more specifically risk management or asset management after getting a degree from one of those programs,
no working experience though.

actually I have been more leaning to Cornell one before I am admitted to boston one which is really designed to financial maths.
because they have good job placement in broad fields and I can focus on taking some financial math classes from MBA or ORIE department since they offer 70% electives.
but it is really confusing after I got admission from boston.

anyway on matter what program I select, my plan is that
after attending the program, I am planning to prepare for FRM exam. and if I pass the exam, I am planning to take a CFA level 1.

here is the information of three programs I have collected so far.

1. U of chicago ms stat
this program is morel likely to be designed for students pursuing for Ph.D in biz or econ.
it has a rigorous curriculum and the most reputed program among three programs above.

2. Cornell MPS applied stat
it is a professional program. and it have been getting better job placement of alumni.
it is a Ivy school which might give me more opportunity to find a job in the U.S.

3. Boston Mathfin
it is a financial mathematics degree.
this program is belonged to business department but not well known.
probably more opportunity to get a job offer.

is there anybody who is familiar with those programs?
please give me some suggestions.
thank you in advance.

Back