• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cover letter for IB

hi guys,

I'm applying for an internship with credit suisse and it asks me to specify 3 locations that I prefer. In my cover letter, I was wondering what I should put in the company address - do I only write the address of the credit suisse office I most prefer to do my internship in or do I include all 3 locations I'm interested in?

I hope anyone can help me with this. Thank you!

Are you applying directly to someone ? Or is this the internet application ?

If it is the internet application, it's not always relevant to put an address on the cover letter...

hi Dibbs, thanks for the reply!

yup it's an internet application. does this mean i just write:

Human Resources Manager
Credit Suisse

?

I don't think the location where you want to work is relevant. It's a seperate question-Which three locations would you prefer to work at?- but the address at the top of the resume stays the same. You aren't sending one cover letter to three separate places. You send your resume to to the address you would have send it to if you only wanted one of those three locations. Your location preference is within your cover letter unrelated to the address at the top of the cover letter.

yeah I'd write it to the Human Resources Department, Credit suisse.

Something along those lines.

Back