• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CQF and Master in Finance

Is a combo of a Bachelor in Economics, a Master in Finance and a CQF competitive to apply to a quant job in Europe?

What do you think is the lack of employment opportunities with your current qualification level? Access that before stacking up on more degree. A bachelor degree and solid technical skills would open lot of doors.
Europe employment environment, trend, policy are much different than the US so I don't know what "quant jobs" in Europe entail.

In Portugal (where I live) is almost impossible to get a job related to financial markets without a Master. As I'm starting a Master in Finance next fall, I'm trying to understand if CQF would allow me to apply to more quantitative jobs.

You definitely need a masters degree to work in the European finance industry. I don't know anything about the CQF but if you get good grades and do an internship (or work part time at a finance company) you should be in a good position to get a job after graduation.

I know the Portuguese economy is in bad shape right now so you could hope for better times and take some education (the CQF) until the economy grows again... You should apply for internships abroad (especially if they are easier to get/more of them) - I'm pretty sure it will help you get a job in Portugal.

Back