• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Discussion about Singapore MFE programs.

Hello Guys..
I have also applied to NUS MFE and just now completed my app..however I am still to send hard copy docs to NUS. I was also curious about job prospects in Singapore post MFE. I work at Deutsche Bank Middle Office as Product Controller. Decent GMAT 700+ and work exp of 5.5 years. Engg graduate from NIT GPA 3.5/4 and decent ECs.. Wanted to know about careers post MFE as none of colleges mention it on websites... I wisk to go to IB - high frequency trading , quant modelling, hedge funds, wealth mgmt , risk etc ... Wanted to know the avg placement salary for graduates..
Thanks

Hi everyone, just joining in on this discussion.
I have a whole list of questions about the Singapore MFE programs, but I'll leave them for my next post. The more pressing query is about my 'Admission Status', on the NUS MFE application system, which two days ago went from "Pending review by admissions committee" to "Offer Made". Now I haven't received any sort of mail, or had any sort of communication with the guys at NUS, so I'm wondering what this could mean, and well, what I should do now.
Is this normal, or is there some mistake?
Thanks

You should call them. Instant answer :)

Terribly sorry, forgot to update. I got an admit. Now comes the bigger dilemma of whether to accept it or not.
Siddhaarth.. even i have got an admit and i have to respond by 15th.. i will most probably be joining... do get in touch if you do the same

Siddhaarth.. even i have got an admit and i have to respond by 15th.. i will most probably be joining... do get in touch if you do the same

It's very likely that I do join. Get in touch with me soon. I have left you a pm.

What's yours? Have you applied for it too?

Hey thanks for sharing your profile.

Yup i have applied as well. my status as of today is "Physical application verified". waiting for the results ;)

Mechanical Engineer , BITS- Pilani
MBA , Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies , Mumbai
Cleared CFA Level II
Analyst , Deutsche Bank ( 1year)
GRE 166Q/154V/4.5AWA

I'm not sure about the comparison of SMU MQF vs NUS MFE. Any hints on that? Since apparently NUS has a more profound reputation on a general ground, but as SMU MQF adds itself some prestige by joining Cass, there will be more weight put when people are making a choice.

Sorry if it's not a good topic. And please provide more personal views if anyone has experience with these two school. (I'm from China, and this is the 1st time I hear about SMU and it's because the MQF program. No offense. )

If you're focused on getting a job locally, and arguably in SEA, the general branding of the schools are practically indistinguishable. Further, if you're already decided on a finance career, SMU is the better school. I could be biased since I'm came from SMU's undergraduate and postgraduate programs :ninja:.

I'm currently in the London for that portion of the program and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the faculty and level of career services at Cass.

Happy to talk more if you drop me a message.

Hello everyone, I would be joining the NUS MFE course this year. was curious to know current job prospects from students already in Singapore . Are placements going good ? Are these completely profile based and have to be arranged on our own or college helps to place students? also a salary figure would be of great help

Hi folks, has anyone been invited to interview with NUS for their scholarship? Also, do you guys have any clue what these interviews are like? Technical/behavioral/general?

Hello to everyone,
I am new to quantnet and I am glad to have found it.
I am now trying to decide between NUS and NTU MFE programmes for 2013 and I have till the end of this week to make up my mind. I see that some of you have had a similar choice to make. Could someone please share the reasons why you decided to pick one over the other?
I don't have any scholarship in either of these. NUS is a popular university in Singapore but NTU has a CMU edge. It can be really confusing. Can you guys help?

I am trying to gather some information regarding the NTU MSc Financial Engineering program. But surprisingly, there is hardly any info regarding the placement statistics of this program. I see a list of recruiter names on their website, but no info regarding average packages etc. Have dropped them an email as well but still no reply.
I know this is an old thread, but will be really grateful if someone can help me out with my queries?

Would anyone who did one of the programs in Singapore like to share their job placement experience?

Hi folks, has anyone been invited to interview with NUS for their scholarship? Also, do you guys have any clue what these interviews are like? Technical/behavioral/general?

Can you share your experience about the program? How strong its curriculum is? how are the job prospects? Avg pay etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hello - I have been accepted for the MFE programme 2017 - NTU. Currently have 4.5 years of work ex of which 3 years is in Goldman Sachs, Bangalore. Am currently a CFA - Level 3 candidate as well .Now trying to do some research whether I should go for the programme or not . Want to move towards Sales Trading side of the things (currently my work mainly revolves around data analytics and data mining etc for the PE group of GS) . If anyone can provide some insights on what are the job prospects in SGP after graduating from NTU , what approximate salary can I get (based on my prior work ex and profile) and whether it would be a good idea to leave my current job and go for this course , it would be really helpful.

Hello - I have been accepted for the MFE programme 2017 - NTU. Currently have 4.5 years of work ex of which 3 years is in Goldman Sachs, Bangalore. Am currently a CFA - Level 3 candidate as well .Now trying to do some research whether I should go for the programme or not . Want to move towards Sales Trading side of the things (currently my work mainly revolves around data analytics and data mining etc for the PE group of GS) . If anyone can provide some insights on what are the job prospects in SGP after graduating from NTU , what approximate salary can I get (based on my prior work ex and profile) and whether it would be a good idea to leave my current job and go for this course , it would be really helpful.
Hi Jfytus,
I have applied to NTU MFE in last week of Feb and waiting for their reply. I too have completed all my CFA and FRM levels and have a work exp of about 3.5 years in programming and finance. Were you interviewed? If so, what was the nature of the interview?

Hi, may I know when did you receive the offer?

Took my face-to-face interview 3/16, received offer 3/17...most likely I would go for it, full time NTU MFE

Grad from NTU engineering school, 2 year pure engineering working exp, zero finance background

Took my face-to-face interview 3/16, received offer 3/17...most likely I would go for it, full time NTU MFE

Grad from NTU engineering school, 2 year pure engineering working exp, zero finance background
Hi zleight,

Appreciate if you can share the nature of interview (technical / behavioral) and questions asked for the benefit of quant community. Also, when did you apply?

Regards.

Back