• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Do not deal with Intrinio

Dear Quants,

I do not recommend to use the SEC filings data from Intrinio, there are a lot of mistakes and some data is missed.

Save your time and money.

Regards,
Jon

I've actually found their team and their service to be awesome... When I found mistakes in their data, I contacted them and they responded immediately, and resolved issues soon after. Did you contact them, talk with Joey etc?

What kind of mistakes specifically? The type that can actually alter decisions as to which trades/investments to make?

daleholborrow,
I am glad that you find this service useful for you. But they fix only the issues which you post to them. This does not mean that they fix everything.

ApolloChariot,
Yes, the trade decisions are altered.
You can start with the basic validation. For example, if you try ABS(dilutedeps) > 1000 you will see that some companies have millions USD PER SHARE. Then if you look into NULL numbers in the dataset you will find out that a lot of important tags are missed even for major companies.

Back