• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

do schools look at senior mark?

since im beginning to apply in September, and my final marks wont be out until April of next year, do they make decision base on my 3rd year marks? would my 4th year marks make or break my chances?

Schools vary. Some will not officially admit you until the official grades for the last semester are in. You are required to have at least a bachelor degree and who knows what happens in the last year. You may have failed a few courses and don't graduate in time.
And if your first three years grades are dismal, it won't matter because they won't admit you anyway.

Contact each program individually and inquire about this. Some may have this in their FAQ section.

Short answer is that it should be fine to use partial GPA as well. It's nothing abnormal as an international student. After all, if you want to start the Masters immediately after the Bachelors, the application calendar urges to apply in December latest. My statements apply to programs with different schedule for domestic/foreign students.

On the other hand, most important downside is that you may miss some classes compared with other applicants. Stating that you are attending a course in the future is not strong enough in many cases.

I have a similar problem...
I am going to take my last 4 courses in fall 2010, but am planning on applying in Oct-Dec 2010, meaning that I won't have my degree when I'll be applying and I won't have the final grades of these last 4 courses :\

When I was applying for PhD I had no problem with not completing bachelors. I was in my fourth year and PhD applications had to be in by Dec 15th for most of the places and I was suppose to graduate August 26th of the following year and start graduate school September 5th.

They usually put a condition of, "satisfactory completion of degree", or something a long those terms.

Back