• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Essays must be typed?

What does it mean"essays must be typed" ?

This may be something found on the Embark application forms, and should refer to the format of the essay.

Of course, essays must be typed, not handwritten. There is no standard or required length, but up to three pages (regardless of spacing) should be fine.

The content of the essay is much more important than format or length, and it should address the following topics:
- Why are you interested in Financial Engineering?
- Why do you want to study in the Masters in Financial Engineering Program at Baruch College?
- What career path do you envision after graduating from the Baruch MFE Program?

Good luck!

Thank you Dan. That's clear.

Btw, I do prefer to use single-space pages. IMHO, they look more compact and conformable. But anyway, I guess I will just use double-space pages since other applicants might not see this post.

Regards,

This may be something found on the Embark application forms, and should refer to the format of the essay.

Of course, essays must be typed, not handwritten. There is no standard or required length, but up to three pages (regardless of spacing) should be fine.

The content of the essay is much more important than format or length, and it should address the following topics:
- Why are you interested in Financial Engineering?
- Why do you want to study in the Masters in Financial Engineering Program at Baruch College?
- What career path do you envision after graduating from the Baruch MFE Program?

Good luck!

Either single spaced or double spaced is fine. The content matters most. Good luck!

Hi @dstefan, I am applying this year and wanted to check if these guidelines are still valid. Application asks for a typed double spaced essay.
I am finding it a bit difficult to add all the content in a 3 page double spaced essay. Do we specifically need to stick to double spaced?

Hi @dstefan, I am applying this year and wanted to check if these guidelines are still valid. Application asks for a typed double spaced essay.
I am finding it a bit difficult to add all the content in a 3 page double spaced essay. Do we specifically need to stick to double spaced?
You do not need to have the essay double spaced. Good luck!

Back