• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Financial accounting?

I am currently preparing to apply for the fall 2009 class, and was wondering if taking a course in financial accounting will benefit my application? I have no programming or finance background, but have taken calculus 1 & 2 along with linear algebra since I did a B.S. in chemistry. Right now I am planning on taking financial accounting class along with taking calculus 1 & 2 (possibly 3) over again. Is there anything else I should take before applying? I am currently reading books on C++ to try and cover the programming background.

Thanks in advance

I have no programming or finance background, but have taken calculus 1 & 2 along with linear algebra since I did a B.S. in chemistry. Right now I am planning on taking financial accounting class along with taking calculus 1 & 2 (possibly 3) over again.

Just out of curiosity, why are you taking Calc I and Calc II again? I did the same thing, but only because 10 years elapsed between college and starting an MSFE program.

Well I did decent in those classes (3.0), but I am definitely not confident in calculus at all.. Also do you guys recommend any good programming classes around nyc area preferably in Westchester. My job pays for tuition at Pace, Polytechnic, and Fordham. So I would probably be looking at those schools primarily.

Thanks for all you help! :)

Back