• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Firefox or IE or Opera ?

I use

• Firefox

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • IE 7

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • IE 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Mac browser or some other old ones

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
I have Firefox, IE 7, Opera 9 for development purpose but I use Firefox and increasingly Opera for everyday use. They are far faster than IE and much more W3C compliance. When i do design work on Quantnet, I check against the 3 browsers and IE is the one that broke the styles the most.

Which browser do you have on your home computers or at work ?

Firefox and IE... at work we have to design to work on IE because that's what our clients use.

At work we're all about the IE 6. We'll probably upgrade to IE 7 in a few years, once IE 9 rolls out.

At home, however, I'm a Firefox guy. Haven't tried Opera yet, but I've heard nothing but great things about it.

altough i'm a open software fan i choose definetly opera. Strong code, fast render engine, very secure.

Anyhow in six months will be out a new Firefox using webkit instead of gecko as render engine.

It will be way better than anything before.

Browsers

Almost any browser works for me. I don't like the IE family. Safari is pretty good, but these days I use Camino (Firefox clone optimized for OS X) on my mac and Firefox on PCs. Main thing for me is speed of rendering and availability of tabs.

Nice how you group "Mac browser or some other old ones"

How about "Safari" since it's also available for Windows now (beta).

Then I'll check it off.

On my Windows machines it's all about Firefox.

I use both IE 6/7 as well as Firefox.
IE 7 definitely need to "loss some weight" :)

Nice how you group "Mac browser or some other old ones"

How about "Safari" since it's also available for Windows now (beta).
I could have change it to "Safari and some other odd ones" and it still doesn't change the fact that those are the tiny majority of people visiting Quantnet.

How about a picture showing the % of browser usage of all Quantnet visitors since 1/1/07 to date :D

I'm just glad that everyone seems to be aware of Firefox and use them whenever possible. Those at work don't seem to have a choice beside M$'s IE

browserfs5.gif

Back