• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Follow up interview with research ... yes or no

Hello Quantnet,

I just finished an interview with a prominent hedge fund. I believe it went okay to good. The interviewer seemed to be interested in my experience and on me. 80% of the hour interview was on the technical details of the strategies which the fund runs and I'll be working on.

Throughout our conversation, the interviewer outlined a number of strategies which I knew briefly but could only expound further after some research. I did those strategies before but sadly it was months ago and I forgot the details.

What's your opinion on following up the interview with a concise research presentation of those strategies to ascertain my understanding and familiarity on them? By itself, the presentation would be a valuable insight on how the strategy does in certain markets.

A sign of the candidate's diligence? Or unnecessary and doesn't add to my candidacy for the role?

Cheers,
Phil

Back