• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

FREE Access to On-line Books/Textbooks

Hello,

Alot of you might already know this but just in case you don't . Today I just found out that as a student at Baruch you have access to a pretty huge collections of textbooks online. One of the book I found there is used in MTH9845. I'm sure there are others that are used in different classes. The tip is original from Vladimir. And I'm going to just re-post the instruction here. Thanks Vladimir.

1. Go to http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu
2. In the 'Find a Database' tab at the bottom, type 'Books24x7', click Connect
3. You be promted to enter your library card's number (from your student ID)
4. Voila, you're at book24x7 and can search for the book you wanted.

Thanks Hieng, I find it useful.

also part of Baruch's online suscription include Wiley Science (for those quant finance papers), Wharton Research Data Services (retrieval data sets in finance, including COBE, Compustat), S&P NetAdvantage, Wall Street Journal articles, ebray (similar to book24x7), Factiva (global finance news), etc. Pretty amazing set of online database access available to Baruch students!

Login Pwd

Hello,

Alot of you might already know this but just in case you don't . Today I just found out that as a student at Baruch you have access to a pretty huge collections of textbooks online. One of the book I found there is used in MTH9845. I'm sure there are others that are used in different classes. The tip is original from Vladimir. And I'm going to just re-post the instruction here. Thanks Vladimir.

1. Go to Baruch College | Newman Library Home
2. In the 'Find a Database' tab at the bottom, type 'Books24x7', click Connect
3. You be promted to enter your library card's number (from your student ID)
4. Voila, you're at book24x7 and can search for the book you wanted.

What exactly goes into the Login and Password?

Sandeep

Back